|1. Introduction to Street Theatre
|Isn’t all theater just about drama? The children will ponder and investigate this question to understand how Street theater is a different ball game. They will explore the whys, hows, and whats of Street theater, their purpose, and presentation in this session
|Discover the advantages and limitations of Street theater
Discover the key theater aspects of Street theater
Explore the audience interactions specific to street theater such as calling attention to assemble and donation collection
|Create a mind map of the different aspects of Street theater
Create a storyboard for a sample story
Make a donation collection hat with a newspaper
|How does street theater differ from other forms of theater?
What do you need to make a street play?
What can we do to attract an audience to watch a street play?
|2. Get tools for public performance
|In this session, children will practice speed, volume control, and spontaneity, that’s required for continuous engagement in open public space
|1.Learn to break down actions, and control speed
2. Use vocal exercises for strengthening the voice that’s needed for open space performance
3. Do spontaneity exercises that help in interacting with the audience and being present in the moment.
|1.Perform actions at different controlled speeds
2.Voice projection exercises
3, Random prop JAM
|How can I use the tools of street theatre to perform the demo skit as a street play? What are the social issues that can be addressed in a street play?
|3. Get Tools for Clarity in expressions and dialogues
|In this session, children will learn about the world history of street theatre; about using their face to express to even faraway audience; exercise their tongues to utter words properly; learn about emotions to present and communicate them
|1. Learn how exaggerated expressions help in the quick communication of emotions
2. Learn how to say the same sentences fast so that it can help in better pronunciation
3. Understand what happens to the body when we go through emotion and how to bring it out
4. Understanding the structure of a street play
|1. Face painting as a way of costume/prop
2. Tongue twisters to improve clarity
3. Convey different emotions
|How to choose the theme of a street play?
How to start the street play in a dramatic way?
How can we train our body to convey different emotions?
|4. Use of slapstick comedy for entertainment and spontaneity for quick responses
|In this session, children will learn about the history of street theatre in India. They will learn that comedy is very helpful to get attention. Learn to think quickly and have fun embellishing their characters in the play
|1. Learn comedy can be done this way too by doing slapstick
2. Learn to be spontaneous and respond quickly
3. Learn to deck up the character and add nuances to it
|1. Perform Slapstick comedy
2.Improvisations based on changes
3. Make a wig
4. Modelling with the wigs made
|How will I structure my street play?
How will I build the characters to present the social issue?
|5. Using theatre skills for enhancing the presentation
|In this session, children will sum up the theatre skills that they have learned so far. , doing exercises on mime, expressions, and voice. Children will be introduced to the concept of the mascot as a symbol that is identified with the cause and garner support for it
|1. Using mime, face, and voice individually, to convey the intended meaning, the character
2. Explore the use of symbols and signs as a rallying force
|1. Theatre exercises
2. Mascot Designing and Creation
|How can I add theatre aspects to the story?
How can I use the mascot in the play, with greater impact?
|6.Finetuning theatre skills for the street play
|In this session, children will use creativity which is essential to any art. They will think out of the box, literally and figuratively, to get an idea of thinking on the feet.
|1. How to find different uses of the same item, for thinking in multiple directions
2. Using body language to depict a character clearly so that audience understands it
3. Learn tools to remain calm under pressure
|1. Use a box in multiple ways
2. Walk like different people
3. Guided meditation
5. Dialogue writing
|How can I use art for a social cause?
What can I do to attract public attention?
What does a real street play look like?
How do I learn to portray others?
|7. Addressing fear of public presentation
|In this session, children will talk about their fears, express them, try dealing with them in a constructive way. Understand that it ok to have fears. Also, they will get a feel of public space and try to get comfortable with that
|1. Recognising the fear and trying to accept them ;
2. Street exposure to prepare for the final display
|1. Play 20 Questions game on fears
2. Guided Meditation
3. Dare to be Wrong game
|How can I be visible, interactive, and comfortable to perform in a public space?
|8. Learning Marketing fundamentals
|In this session, children learn how to talk about their product to make an impact with others.
|1. Effectively market your play through different media?
2. Practice the Rehearse, review, and correction rehearse loop
|1. Make an Advertisement for a product
2. Make a banner for the play
3. Record and Review the rehearsal
|How can I use street play to make an impact in my community?
|9. Organising and Rehearsals
|In this session, children will learn how to make a checklist of things required to organize a play; also do rehearsals to make sure all aspects are covered
|1.Think through a process pay attention to the minute details
2. Practice the Rehearse, review, and correction rehearse loop
|1. Play Random prop JAM game
2. Make a checklist for the showcase
|How to plan an event?
How do I enhance the performance based on feedback?
|10. Public performance
|In this session, children will bring to closure their ten-day learnings. Present a socially relevant issue in an engaging way
|1. Figure out a system for a show that has certain uncertainties, like audience involvement and connected contingencies
2. Work on oneself, to face unplanned events, to beat fears
3. Bring in awareness in people with information and entertainment
|1. Enacting the final play in public
3. Review and Action plan for next
3. Discuss feedback
|How to take feedback from the audience and each other and plan future activities?
New Batches Starting
5 Apr 2021
17 May 2021
Flexi Class Available on Request